Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rockies blues

One of the challenges of being a "pastor" is confronting the prejudices people have about you. It's so easy to assume that you're a different kind of person: That you live at a higher spiritual plain than everyone else. So here's a look at reality...I'm totally bummed the Rockies are getting blasted by the Red Sox in game one of the World Series. Ok, I admit it...I'm competitive. I love to win. I love to root for a winning team. And I hate it when "we" lose.

But this is one of the reasons that I love being on God's team. I love being on the side of light that always overcomes darkness. I love how Love always wins over evil. I love how the Kingdom of God is overcoming the Kingdom of darkness. I love that anyone who lives with the Kingdom within them has the future promise and hope of eternal life; Of heaven; Of the Earth being restored to its original perfect created state.

Then I won't have to cry over my teams losing anymore. Maybe I'll become a Red Sox fan. :)

8 comments:

Charity said...

"Maybe I'll become a Red Sox fan." We're going to show some grace and pretend we didn't read that part. :-)

Anonymous said...

Amen. When I root for the Broncos, I'm disappointed. I don't even like baseball, but got caught up in the exitement of a "winning baseball team" with the Rockies and watched it and was sorely diappointed. Praise God that on "HIS" team we are never losers.
Karen Tiede

Anonymous said...

Don't do it...stay on the side of the light. This was only one game. Hang in there!

Glad to see your blog. And, glad to be on the side of the Kingdom with you!

Chalane

YOSH said...

Man, I even bought one of those cheesy Rockies trailer hitch covers. The Rockies better not have made me buy that for nothing!

Anonymous said...

We had to let them win one game or they wouldn't play anymore....hopefully tonight the "REAL ROCKIES TEAM" will show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great perspective Mr. Kirk. I am reminded that as much energy as I put into rooting for our sports team, buying their gear, and memorizing their statistics, how much greater the rewards would be if I would do the same for the Kingdom of Light! I am prodded by the Spirit that not even God wants to lose one to the dark side.

So here's to more focus for the Kindgom and a little bit of winning for the Rockies,

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Rockies tickets - way too much
Wathcing the rockies get stomped - costly
Knowing we are on the winning team and knowing how the story ends - priceless!

I know, corny, but fun none the less.

Anonymous said...

As a fellow 56er, I am sure you are on the right track. I believe that is called the Heaven Express..