Monday, March 10, 2008

in process

It's monday the 10th of March. Wed. will be 3 weeks since my surgery. The surgeon said that by the 3rd week I would notice a dramatic drop in the level of pain. I give it to his great skill and the grace of God that the pain has subsided significantly. The leg is still very weak (go figure) and now the physical therapy will be kicking in to strengthen the leg and tendon. The atrophy of the muscles in my left leg is pitiful. Looks like a peg leg but I look forward to being able to build my strength back up. The normal proticol is to be able to walk full with full weight bearing 8 weeks after surgery. Then I will be in the Dr's words jogging at 3 months. (Paul Watson said he should tear his Achilles and get the same surgery because he has never jogged before).

So aside from some stomach issues from the Advil I am very encouraged today. I do have to admit that I will not miss the crutches. So I am back in the office full-time this week and will be back to preaching this weekend. I look forward to share about Palm Sunday and the Triumphal entry of Jesus the Lord into Jerusalem to begin the Passion week.

One thing I'm looking forward to is Mike in our church here is a State Trooper. He said I looked like I needed a lift in my life so he is going to take me on a "ride along" tomorrow on his shift. I am really looking forward to observe a guy in a totally different career. To go fast and to pick his brain about life in law enforcement. I asked if I can carry a gun and he said no. :)

Last of all I want to publicly thank all of you that have been praying for my recovery and healing. I am definitely on the mend and God has sustained my spirits through this particular storm of my life. The enemy has been very active at times but Jane and I have learned to pray and fight back in the Spirit. Jane has been a wonderful helpmate through this and we have enjoyed the time we have had to spend together. Gracie has loved having Daddy around so there has been a silver lining in the cloud in this venture.

God bless you all and we appreciate all your love, concern and incredible acts of kindness to us.

Kirk

5 comments:

calloused knees said...

What a blessing to know you are healing. We have missed you at the pulpit and look very forward to hearing your message this weekend. Our prayers continue for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Hi Kirk- wonderful to hear that you're doing better. Prayers continue you're way- Great news that you're more mobile beyond the speed of your crutches with your upcomming "ride-a-long" with Trooper Mike. Great "experiential" learning- WOW! As part of the St. Mary's Hospital Crisis Support Team I've had "ride-a-longs" with the Police Depart.,Fire Dept., and CareFlight Heli- these First Responders need our prayers and gratitude for their selfless service. Enjoy your road time. When you're up to it, we still need to meet- serving with you, Cynthia Komlo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. We just got back from the Homes of Hope Mission trip and missed you but really enjoyed our time. Joey was such a pleasure. He was a good worker and you should be very proud of him. Just wanted you to know what a great trip we had and thank the Lord for Tim he is great!!

dgrams said...

This is a bit off topic but I don't have your email. As I was watching the bridge service on Easter, I was reminded of a movie clip :) ( I know how you like them). Man on Fire with Denzel Washington has a scene at the end with a bridge. The little girl in the movie was kidnapped and the only way they will release her is for Creasy (Denzel) to exchange his life for hers. The movie has a lot of violence and language but when I saw that scene, I remember crying and saying that is what Jesus did for me. I was held hostage and He exchanged His life for me. Anyway, FYI.

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Just the Miller family from church...great blog, great new website...we're SO excited about Share Fest and proud to belong to CVVC for 3 years this July. Hope you're recovering well! We missed Easter service due to everyone being sick but bought the DVD and we're watching it tonight!