Monday, November 19, 2007

Bronco Blog

In watching the Bronco's game the camera would periodically show the fans. You have fans painted orange and blue. You have fans screaming and going beserk. You have fans raising their hands in celebration of the touchdown that was made. (Fortunately the Broncos are giving us something to cheer about.) I have to admit that if I was at Invesco field I would be cheering among the masses. It's fun, it's exhilerating and it causes you to sort of loose yourself in the midst of the excitement.

(Oh-oh. Tennessee just scored another touchdown). As fun as the Broncos are to watch (at least when they're winning), this doesn't compare to what I have witnessed here at CVVC over the past week. First of all the baptism we had two Sundays ago was over the top. 113 people getting baptized. Individuals, couples and whole families were baptized together. It was a time filled with joy, celebration and thankfulness. As I said in church, I was smiling so much it gave me a headache. I don't think my lips could stretch any further.

Than last week we heard of a woman that was miraculously healed of cancer. The Dr. even verified it as a supernatural intervention by God. Amazing! Next we had 19 people stand up and gave their lives to Christ. (Yikes, Tennessee kicked a field goal). So what I'm thinking about is in the scope of eternity, the Broncos don't hold anything over what God's doing. I really believe that we have no ideal what real celebration is. When we get to heaven (oh, what a day that will be), we will find what true celebration is. Celebrating the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and Champions of Champions. Maybe watching the Broncos is just a warm up for what is to come in heaven! :)

Celebrating with you all (Yes!! The Broncos just scored a TD!!!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last Sunday was amazing! I was so surprised when you asked people to stand if they wanted to open their lives to Christ. Most of the time we want to give people the "private movement" and have everyone close their eyes (sometimes I peek) and raise a hand in response.

When people stood up, my mind flashed back to some 40 years ago when I accepted Christ(has it really been that long ago?). Not only did the pastor ask people to stand up, but to come forward. Something lifted me out of my chair and brought me to the front of the church... I cried my eyes out and I was never the same -forever changed.... Anyway...the testimony of healing was tremendous! We need to see and experience more miracles!

What's next Pastor? My anticipation is growing!

Yadah said...

I don't think I will ever "get used" to watching people commit to Christ. (May that always stir me to tears!) Talk about the celebration when a person comes to Christ! Wow!

That long walk to the front of the church to make my public confession of Christ is still in my mind - just like Anonymous. It's pretty awesome to watch people go to the front for prayer as well. I keep thinking "what's next Jesus?" (I guess "let 'er rip!" isn't all that sanctimonious, eh?)

There's a few people who come early before the service to walk around the sanctuary to pray. If anybody wants to join in - come on! Inviting the Holy Spirit to move among us will open more doors of God's grace to be poured out on us.